Head Teacher:- Ms R Hornibrook
Chadlington C of E Primary School, Church Road, Chadlington, Chipping Norton, OX7 3LY
Tel: 01608 676366 Email: email@example.com
Mission Statement for the school:
‘Let your light shine: Imagine, believe, achieve.’
For all of our children to have the opportunity to explore their unique potential, develop their imagination and self-belief and foster the positive attitudes, skills, knowledge and understanding that will enable them to thrive as life-long learners who are able to achieve their goals and live a full and rewarding life.
We are working to:
• Create a safe and happy environment where all learners can explore and achieve their full potential, within a Christian ethos;
• Nurture children’s social, emotional, aesthetic, spiritual and physical development;
• Encourage a life-long love of learning by providing children with a rich, exciting and meaningful curriculum;
• Develop positive attitudes, promoting a sense of awe and wonder in the wider world and encouraging a sense of enquiry and enthusiasm for new experiences;
• Help children to become problem-solvers by developing their sense of self-esteem, independence, resilience and confidence in their own worth;
• Create a learning environment where children feel confident to make appropriate choices and develop a sense of responsibility for their own actions;
• Develop children’s empathy for other people and respect for differences, whether religious, spiritual, cultural or social;
• Encourage children to contribute positively to society as tolerant, caring individuals;
• Celebrate the wider community and develop understanding and tolerance of European and international cultures and issues.
• Respect and care for the world that we live in.
CHRISTIAN ETHOS STATEMENT
As a Church of England Controlled School, we have a particular commitment to the development of the whole child, and to teach values based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. We aim to provide children with insight into the nature of religious ideas and an adequate knowledge of the Christian faith, to equip them for the choices, discoveries and decisions they will face in the future.
In order to achieve this we aim to:
• Develop a strong Christian ethos that promotes care, tolerance, forgiveness and understanding.
• Develop in our pupils a sympathetic understanding of the Christian faith without exerting pressure to believe.
• Develop in our pupils an understanding of, and respect for other major world faiths and cultures.